Belief System = Trust, Relevance, Vision, Value, Leafership
If I am going to examine this statement in the situation of a bible talk, what would it look like?
I feel Trust is the first thing above all regarding establishing human relationship. I have to be Relevant to them with high integrity to attract and build the trust. Of course, it is not easy as people have different backgrounds, characters, preferences and priorities. This will be the first challenge if we want to "make people God's disciples."
If the first situation could be moved forward, I will ask a question to myself that why are we together and what are we aheading towards together? Yes, this may concern a Vision. A vision of what? A vision to live in a godly life and again make people God's disciples.
What is the Value of our vision in a bible talk? Why do we want to live a godly life and make people God's disciples? Value should be something aligning with the Truth we believe. This Truth is true from the beginning till the end or eternity. Truth is not something by people's mouth but something has been tested by time and people. The Bible does. Are we upholding the Value of the Bible? or our own wills?
Well, there are lots of temptation around us to distract our vision and value. Leadership is a substance to glue people together, to reinforce their actions in vision until completion. Leadership is not something forceful but something that people are longing for to have the same direction then they follow.
Then, how could I helping my bible talk to be closer to God? I would first examine myself whether my belief system is in Truth.
No comments:
Post a Comment