Sunday, November 07, 2004

自討苦吃

傳道書 第一章

v5 我得了大智慧 : 「彎曲的不能变直; 缺少的不能足數。」
v18 我也知道 : 「因為多有智慧,就多有愁煩; 加增知識的,就加增憂傷。」

我們的分享 :

1. 不敬畏神>>靠自己>>執著>>自討苦吃 = 虛空
2. 對家人或至愛的執著>>磨擦>>使對方無法自由選擇>>自已反而自困>>自討苦吃,失去內心自由= 虛空
3. 世上的智慧,畫蛇添足也; 反樸歸真,清心自樂乎。此乃大智慧。

3 comments:

dreamineering said...

more about my sharing...http://greenpasture.blogspot.com/

dreamineering said...

Adversity built character
Forgot which chapter in Bible (Romans???) taught us the relationship amongst suffering, perseverance and character. To me, it proves. On the bus this morning, I read a story about a girl from Reviving Ophelia p.271 by Mary Pipher. She was destined to a failure because her mother died when she very young and her father did not care much about her. She was abandoned at home and even at school (no friends, no food, no clean clothing... of course no love). But adversity builds her character. What saved her was her deep awareness of her mother's love. Even though her mother was dead, June (her name) felt her mother's spirit was with her. That enabled her to feel valued at at time when she was rejected by everyone. Her belief in her mother's love gave her a sense fo purpose. she was determined to live a way that would make her mother proud. June had the gift for appreciating what was good in her life. Once she told Mary (the writer)," I always get what I want." The she winked and said again,"But I know what to want." Her life, which might strike some peple as difficult or dull, is rich and rewarding. She has that pride in her life that so many self-made people have. She has no bitterness or anger because she is basically happy. She is a desert flower opening to the rain.

"But I know what to want." coincides with our last sharing from Ecclesiastes 1:15"what is crooked cannot be staightened and what is lacking cannot be counted." I must know what to want. I must understand the my as well as others' limitations. Don't push too much. Aware of the boundaries and get hold of it. Adaptation to the environment with gratifications and humility.

From my sufferings, I come to understand myself much more. I am a person who has a high EQ which I am never aware of it. I was even afraid that I had none and would die or commit sucide if hardship came. I acknowledge myself being a person cherishing a loving and forgiving heart NOW. That's what God made me which I have been ignoring these. I start loving and giving credit to myself... But sisters, do hold me back if I am too boastful.... HA! HA!

personalfreedom said...

Dear Preciouswoman,

You are as precious as your name. Your unique experience in your life upholding many single mothers' hope to a evermore precious life.

- Faith - Hope - Love.>>>>>>>>>>