Friday, December 09, 2005

Guard Your Heart

Proverb 4:23
Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.

Jeremiah 17:9
The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?

Matthew 7:19-21
Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasures is, there your heart will be also.

Ezekiel 11:17-19
Therefore say: This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will gather you from the nations and bring you back from the countries where you have been scattered, and I will give you back the land of Israel again.

They will return to it and remove all its vile images and detestable idoles. I will give them an unseparated heart and put a new spirit in them, I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh.

Men's hearts are deceitful and sometimes even ourselves will be blinded by our own deceitful hearts. Thus, we have to "Come near to God and he will come near to you - James 4:8", so that our heart could be examined and protected to remaining in God's love and righteousness.

I, therefore, believe that to depened on my ownself, I could not fight again my decitful heart. I have to ask for the grace of humbleness to let my dear sisters to help me together to Guard My Heart. And first of all, I have to open up myself and willing to surrender for God's act on my heart as written on Ezekiel 11:19

8 Dec 2005 House Church Class by Elizabeth

No comments: